Wednesday 23 March 2011

Corsages from silk flowers

These were my one of my first attempts at crafting since I left school 17 years ago. I abandoned my crafting like it was an old toy, I had discovered SLR cameras and a nikon coolpix digital. I was consumed in black and White printing and editing my digital pics (3 megapixels you know!!!)

corsage flowers, done! #TwitPict on Twitpic

These were corsages and button holes for my wedding. The donor decoration was a plastic branch with silk cherry blossoms from Wikinsons. The plastic stamen were removed, four or five petal heads were folded into four, stiched at the base then stitched rather crudely together.

During this activity I remembered how calming making things can be, there is something homely, rewarding and comforting about creating something with your hands, without squinting in front of a screen, hunched over a desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment