Wednesday 17 February 2016

Introduction to SketchUp

SketchUp 3D model of my front room... I am planning new storage!

I worked with SketchUp a wee bit during my degree, we did a 3D graphics module (see my attempts here).

3D graphics is rather complex and in that we were doing a little dip into the topic we were introduced to the novice friendly software formerly c/o Google so apologies if I keep referring to it as Google SketchUp (it's now owned by Trimble).

You can download a free version for educational purposes here: http://www.sketchup.com/download

Now, I say this is novice friendly, but it is also used professionally and to great effect here are some picture examples.

© Diego Guerra
c/o SketchUp.com










© Sunil Pant










So here is a little introduction to the software, very basics to get you started.



No comments:

Post a Comment