Tuesday 12 April 2011

Wedding Stationery - Sophie Ellis-Waring

One of my most favourite ways of finding new products, artists and services is by trawling Twitter and other people's blogs. By getting to know the person and developing a connection, albeit superficial at first, I gain much more appreciation for what that person creates.

Sophie Ellis-Waring was one of the first crafters I found on twitter. If I remember correctly my favourite cafe (The Chocolate Cafe) was following her, and I thought I'd see what Sophie was doing. Another hook was that Sophie lives in my home town, just down the road from my sister as it happens, all local businesses deserve support.

The business is called Cards by Sophie, and that is exactly what you can buy. Cards and wedding stationery.

Sophie set up her business in 2009 after planning her own wedding and struggling to find modern wedding stationery at a reasonable price. “When I was choosing my wedding stationery, I found it so difficult to find something that was just as I wanted. I wanted to be able to personalise it, change the colours and get the design just right for me. So I decided to create a collection that is simple, stylish, contemporary and affordable... just what you're looking for.”

And create them she has. Cards by Sophie offers two main products. The first is a bespoke, handmade range tailored to the client's theme. The second range features printed designs, these again can be personailsed with words and embelishments.

Sophie takes advantage of the e-commerce world, her website shows examples of the products and customers can order from the site.

For more information and to order a sample, Cards by Sophie or follow her on twitter @CardsbySophie





No comments:

Post a Comment