Saturday 27 March 2010

Pink Floyd tribute act Manc Floyd


Another project I have been working on recently is the website for is Manchester based Pink Floyd tribute band Manc Floyd. My cousin Phil is the drummer so you might think me biased, but when I was invited to photograph their debut gig at the Met in Bury, I was blown away.

Although I do not profess to be an avid fan of Pink Floyd, in that I do not own any of their material (yet) I do have fond memories of cruising around the country roads between Mellor, Marple Bridge and Glossop, in the back of Jim Brough's customised Toyota Tercel. There was usually a few pubs involved to add to the haze, but we would have The Dark Side of the Moon on tape playing through the car stereo and I would be transported to some higher plane.

So back to Manc Floyd, mind blowing! My fiance Rob has never really come across Pink Floyd, but was so impressed by the tribute band's performance, he bought Dark Side of the Moon on CD the very next day. Since then I have been developing the website for Manc Floyd and it is now live, although still in it's relatively early stages. The site will be posted with forthcoming tour dates, and you can follow the band on twitter, you tube, myspace and facebook.

The next gig is on the 1st May at the Moses Gate in Farnworth. See website for further details.

Clare xxx



1 comment:

  1. Next gig for Manc Floyd is The Witchwood in Ashton under Lyne, Saturday 14th August.

    Just £6 on the door.

    Doors open 8.30pm.

    Coach travel available from Prestwich, Whitefield, Bury, central Manchester. Tel 07767 362223.

    ReplyDelete